In this era of the internet revolution, an online business is a very attractive option.
- The internet has given you the means to communicate and do business directly with 68% of the 1.2 million people that live in North America. Europe and Australasia, and 34% of the world’s 7 million people (source: http://www.internetworldstats.com/ ) and that figure is growing rapidly.
- For those of us who speak English, there are some 93 countries where English is widely spoken and read; so we have a potential market beyond our wildest dreams. International boundaries are no longer a barrier to doing business.
- The internet never sleeps. It runs 24/7, 365 days a year. This means you can have in essence “digital salesmen” working for you around the clock.
- The start-up costs for a new internet based business are very low when compared to a bricks and mortar business; with premises to lease, and an initial fit-out that will almost certainly be a 6 figure US$ investment, will be relatively cheap. I have a friend that owns a deli in the high street of a small Sydney suburb and he told me that the costs to set up the premises were over $500,000. This makes the up-front cost of even the best “done for you” internet marketing business currently available, of under US$30,000 to become fully positioned, seem like a ridiculously modest investment.
- If you find the right online business model (yes they do exist), the ongoing running costs will be very low compared to a traditional business. Very few, if any full time employees, no rent to pay if you are home based, no warehousing or logistical costs (most online businesses sell software products that can be delivered by email, or a simple download, or by logging in to the programs the company you work with have in place for you to use.
- The other good news is, you can do it on your own terms because you will be your own boss. So as long as you have a computing device – a PC, Tablet or Smartphone, you can work from home or from the beach, anywhere in the world with an internet connection; we can work whenever and wherever we choose. Doesn’t that sound good.
You don’t need to become an expert in the technical stuff to benefit from it, in fact unless you are that way inclined, it would be very wise to use other people who specialise in those things to do them for you. Believe me it will be cheaper and so much easier in the long run.
If you try to do them yourself, there is a high likelihood that you will become bogged down in the technology rather than focusing on building and growing your business. This is a trap that many people new to the internet (we call them Newbies)“ fall into and the result for their new venture is frequently terminal
After all, most of us drive a car, but we don’t need to be able to service it, or have an exact understanding of how that car works technically; well, using the internet is like driving down a super-highway called “The worldwide web”. So fasten your seat-belt, get on the super-highway and enjoy the ride.
Of course, like any new business venture it will take time to become viable, so the sooner you start the better.
Two Ways to Make Money Online
I would like to conclude this section by giving you some very important information which (for some reason??) took me over two years to fully comprehend:
There are two main ways to make money in Internet Marketing (IM for short)
Selling thousands of low value items (eg eBooks), or selling just a few high value products (Known in the IM business as High Ticket products)
To make your first $10,000 online you can either:
Option #1: Sell 1000 eBooks for $10 a-piece.
OR Option #2: Learn to sell 10 $1k programs
Now, obviously it’s harder to sell ten programs at $1,000,
than it is to sell 1000 things at $10 a pop.
But is it 100 times harder? Of course not.
What’s not so obvious is that the cost, in time and money, to get enough traffic to sell 1000 eBooks is way higher than the cost of traffic to sell 10 $1000 high-ticket products.
And the time and effort involved can also be way higher.
So you have a choice. Develop some high-Ticket products of your own, or an existing business that has proven high ticket products that you can sell as an affiliate.
Copyright © 2016 davidamer.com.au
a division of DA Web Enterprises Pty Ltd